Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Another Take on the Hummus Stuffed Portobellos on a Bed of Spinach

Making another riff on this- http://gillvegfood.blogspot.com/2015/05/sorry-it-been-so-long.html?m=1


Our “local” chain, Wegmans, is trying to please all of us hummus-heads with a ton of varieties and one of our favorite in the gilleoin household is the Moroccan Lentil version....it has lentils, cumin, coriander, turmeric, etc. So it’s very Indian tasting..... so this time, I generously oiled my baking dish & tossed my spinach with 1/2 can coconut milk, a Tbsp of chili garlic sauce, a tsp of ginger paste, and some curry powder & ground cumin. I cleaned and seasoned the portobellos with salt & pepper and stuffed them with the Moroccan Lentil hummus. I plan on serving with a drizzle of non-dairy yogurt thinned with a bit more of the coconut milk on top and basmati rice on the side.

No comments: