Monday, February 11, 2008

Not-So-Healthy Vegan Meal


Yes, even the most devoted vegan has junky moments, so hey- you may as well make them *fun* junky moments ;)

Meet Mr.Not Dog Face!

He has a ciabatta stuffed with a "not" dog (tofu dog) mouth, apple eyes with choc. chips, and carrot eyebrows. We had happy, angry and sad variations on all of our plates :)

The kids love it when I make food "pictures", even if it is a simple butterfly (sammich cut in triangle fourth and turned around to look like wings around a piece of celery).

And it is fun :p


TONIGHT'S PROJECT-

Trying to turn the items you see on the right hand of this font into Vegan White Chocolate.

I am fiddling with a recipe I found a while ago, because my local places do not carry powdered soy lecithin. I had the option of large granules or liquid. I chose liquid, hoping the outcome would still be smooth (the reason why powder is recommended)......It is cooling right now.

I will post pics and the recipe if it works...Hell, if it works I may open a business making white chocolate confections, lol. There seems to be a huge void for vegans there.

I know dark chocolate is good and good for you, but as a vegetarian, I was a white chocolate girl...This is for a Valentine's idea I have :p

No comments: