Thursday, December 3, 2009

Curry Addicts Anonymous

...I need to join, lol. I *love* curries...I usually make them with powdered spice, but do buy Patak's sauce sometimes (their lactic acid *is* vegan, so a few of their ready-sauces *are* Vegan). I have found a new sauce that I am now addicted to, and it may as well be crack at $12.50 a bottle. William Sonoma's Pumpkin Curry sauce is divine..and I only had a few Tablespoons of it to use...my friend saved that much for me to try (she's not veg, so she couldn't just save a portion what she made for it). I tasted it and knew I'd make use of the meager amount....I took that bit and added 1/2 cup of veggie broth to simmer some smoked tofu in...


I served it over brown rice with mixed veggies on the side (just leftovers of all the frozen veg in the freezer). I loved it and so did the kiddos (they all love curry, too). I am actually contemplating buying a couple of jars, divvying them into thirds, and freezing it in those proportions. Then I have 6 meals worth of curry :p This stuff is awesome, so if you've got the $$- get a jar :)

No comments: