Friday, December 4, 2009

Dinner tonight...


We had some Glazed Tempeh, Stuffing (Dressing for any Southerners out there), Pureed Squash, and Asparagus w/Italian Seasoned Mustard Garlic Sauce.

The Glazed Tempeh is easy-peasy. You put oil (prob 4 TBP) in your pan, add equal amounts of tamari (or soy sauce) and sweetener (brown rice syrup, maple syrup, agave) and some spices (chili powder or curry powder are my usual). Bolding what I used tonight...mix the liquids, they'll start bubbling up- that's when you add the tempeh (or tofu can be cooked this way). Coat it and let it brown on one side. Flip, let it brown....tonight I had to shove them in a 375* oven whilst I finished cooking the rest of dinner.

The stuffing was Arnolds, the squash was frozen (tsk, tsk!) - I sprinkled some Nutmeg on it, and the Mustard Sauce was a variation on this one, using maple syrup as the sweetener. I subbed Italian Seasoning for the Thyme, added a finely minced (huge) clove of garlic and a dash of lemon juice.

Tonight I need to do meal planning for the week (at least), 'cuz tomorrow is shopping day- alone with all four kids. Dh is working some overtime...while it's good for the budget, sometimes it's not so good for my sanity :p

No comments: